The deadline to apply to participate in this year's Rose Parade is
October 1, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
Purpose of Volunteer Program:
The College Volunteer program is designed to provide a mutually-beneficial experience between the Tournament of Roses Association and college students within the Pasadena and Los Angeles communities. Volunteers will be assigned to various operating committees to help bring the magic of America’s New Year Celebration to the world. Operating committees vary from parade operations, float construction, float decoration and more! See details below.
- Place of residence, employment, or college must be within 25 miles of Pasadena City Hall (100 N. Garfield Ave., Pasadena, CA 91101).
- Minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Minimum enrollment of 6 units.
- One letter of reference attesting to the applicant’s character, dependability, enthusiasm, and commitment to community service. Reference may be from a teacher, club advisor or community organization. In lieu of a recommendation letter, an unofficial transcript may be submitted.
- Minimum 18 years of age as of application due date.
- Complete this application by Friday, September 1, 2023, at 5:00 pm.
- If approved, be prepared to volunteer at Tournament of Roses events for an estimated 20 - 40 hours
- Be available in October, November & December
- Availability for volunteer duties from December 26, through January 5, 2024 including New Year's Eve & New Year's Day (specific dates subject to committee assignment).