ALUMNI SUPPORT: REQUESTS FOR EQUIPMENT, STAGES, FILMING AND/OR SCREENING VENUES
Dodge College of Film and Media Arts has a generous policy to support our alumni who are in need of resources to produce low budget portfolio projects. Portfolio projects are considered projects such as film contests, spec commercials, music videos or short films that will help alumni gain additional experience and build materials for their reels. This policy allows us an equitable way to support the many requests we get from students and alumni without taking resources away from currents students working on required projects for their degree.
These requests require at least two (2) weeks to review from the time all materials (listed below) have been received.
The demand on equipment and facilities is very high during most months of the academic year which may affect our ability to approve requests. Likewise, requests for post-production resources that conflict with current students' needs, typically towards the end of each semester, may not be possible.
Please also be aware of Chapman University's requirement for the Requestor to provide proof of $1,000,000 General Liability coverage and Property Insurance with limits that exceed the replacement values of the items (equipment/props/wardrobe) being borrowed. A Certificate of Insurance (COI) naming Chapman University as an additional insured and loss payee must be submitted prior to check out.
To make a request complete the Alumni Request Form below. You must include the following as attachments via your electronic submission:
- Script in .pdf format
- Shooting schedule with scene breakdown by day
- Complete post-production schedule (if applicable)
- Location List
- Crew list (if longer than what is provided on the Alumni Request Form)
- Detailed budget addressing all production costs
- Equipment List - include all resources being requested (see Goldroom Forms) - you may need a log-in to access the forms (username: alumni / password: panther7)
- Any requests for the use of a sound stage will only be considered if the person making the request, as well as the 1st AD and Gaffer have completed the Stage Systems Workshop and have been certified by the Stage Manager.
- Post-production information (if requesting post production resources)
- Post-production facilities required, e.g. Avid editing suite, ProTools Mix Suite, Online finishing/color grading suite, ADR booth, Foley stage, etc.
- Total film footage count for DataCine scan requests
- Complete post-production schedule, including final delivery/completion date
- Final delivery format(s), e.g. DCP, Blu-ray, etc.
Additional or miscellaneous post-production requests or requirements, e.g. shared storage workspace, special visual effects, etc.
Once all of these items have been submitted, the request will be reviewed and you may be contacted to discuss the project further. If the request is approved, you will be contacted with further instruction to confirm the request. If the request cannot be fulfilled you will be notified.