Tell us why the Virginia Law Foundation should fund this project. In making the case, explain the project and its rationale, which may include:
- Identification of needs to be met;
- Analysis of how the project will meet such needs;
- Indicators by which you will measure progress;
- Collaboration, consultation and research that went into project development;
- Experience with similar projects; and
- Any other information to help the grant review process.
The following questions are offered as a guide to help you in developing your proposal. The length of the answers is less important than the clarity of information shared.
- In view of the Virginia Law Foundation’s mission statement, how does this project address one or more of the Virginia Law Foundation's areas of focus?
- What are the important long-term results the project is designed or intended to achieve?
- What measurable indicators are proposed to demonstrate whether results are achieved?
- What are the time periods for expected results and how will the results be reported?
Considerations and Grant Criteria Questions:
- What benefits or results are expected to occur as a result of this project?
- How will the results of the project be shared with the broader legal community?
- How will technology be used to improve operational effectiveness?
- What is the sustainability plan for the project?
- Can this project be easily duplicated elsewhere?
Project Design Criteria:
- What populations are to be served by the project?
- What are the specific results to be achieved for the target population?
- How many of the target population are to be served during the grant period?
- What key activities will be undertaken to reach the results?
- Have you collaborated with other entities in the formulation of this proposal or the implementation of the proposed project and/or do you have any community commitment to the project? If yes, please describe.
Project Implementation Criteria:
- What is the proposed implementation timeline?
- Who will be responsible for the project implementation timeline?
- How many individuals will be involved in the project implementation? Please describe in terms of occupation and time committed to the project.