Dolores Park remains one of our most popular and vibrant city parks, drawing thousands of visitors each and every weekend who are looking to enjoy the outdoors, exercise or have a picnic with loved ones.
If your party has less than 25 people and you're not looking to reserve a specific picnic area or table in the park, obtaining a permit or reservation isn't necessary. You and your group can lay out a blanket and enjoy the day. However, the park can be very congested and space is not guaranteed and you can not locate in an area that is reserved for another group. If you have more than 25 people, wish to have a guaranteed space or wish to set up a table or have other activities you have the following options:
- Apply for a Picnic Reservation at Dolores provided you meet the following criteria:
- Have fewer than 50 people on weekends (100 on weekdays);
- Need to set up no more than 1 table;
- Do not want to BBQ or use Glass Bottles;
- Do not want amplified sound other than small devices that do not impact other groups;
- Agree to leave no trace at Dolores and clean up after your event
- If you do not meet the above criteria, please contact our office about alternative picnic sites in San Francisco where those activities are allowed (or see our website).
For all permitted picnics, you pay a standard fee based on the number of people in your party. For groups under 50 people, the fee is $33.00. For groups of 51 to 100, the fee is $66. Corporate picnic rates are $260 for up to 100 people.
In addition, for all permitted picnics, we require a security deposit of $200 be placed with us to help ensure that the park remains clean, safe and fun for everyone. This is a fully refundable deposit that is returned to you, provided your event is successful and incident-free. In particular you will need to either bag and remove your trash or on weekends use the Eco-Pop-Up. Your check is not deposited during this process. For weekend picnics, at the end of your picnic you will need to check in with staff and get a written sign off that you have cleaned your area.
⏩ BBQ's, cooking, food trucks, food carts and glass bottles are not permitted
⏩ Permitted picnics may not exceed 50 attendees on weekends and 100 on weekdays
⏩ Chairs and pop-up tents are not permitted (sunshades open on one side are ok)
⏩ Permitted picnic may have no more than 1 table that can be hand carried into the park
⏩ Jump houses and other equipment are not permitted except if renting Table CT-1.
⏩ Driving on sidewalks, paved paths and grass are not permitted
⏩ All trash from your picnic must be bagged and removed from the park or deposited on the weekends in the eco pop-up.