PWIA Safe Rider Pledge
To ensure safe and fun days on the water this Summer, I promise to abide by the
CAN THE WATER
• I will constantly scan for people, objects, and other watercraft.
• I will avoid areas with submerged objects or shallow water.
VOID AGGRESSIVE MANEUVERS
• I will ride within my limits and avoid aggressive maneuvers.
• I will make predictable maneuvers so that others may anticipate my course.
OLLOW LOCAL BOATING LAWS
• I will learn my state’s boating laws, including its minimum operator age.
• I will take a boater safety education course.
XAMINE YOUR EQUIPMENT
• I will always check my throttle and steering controls for proper operation before I start my PWC.
• I will always wear a Coast Guard-approved life jacket and protective clothing, such as a wet suit bottom or clothing that provides equivalent protection.
• I will keep aboard and maintain all required safety equipment.
EACT TO CONDITIONS
• I will operate defensively and adjust my speed to match conditions.
NSIST ON A SAFE DISTANCE
• I will keep a safe distance away from people, objects, and other watercraft.
• I will take early action to avoid collisions.
• I will never ride after consuming drugs or alcohol.
VALUATE WEATHER AND WATERWAYS
• I will be alert for conditions that limit my visibility or block my vision of others.
ESPECT THE ENVIRONMENT
• I will respect ecologically sensitive areas, and refuel carefully to avoid spills. I will be sensitive to marine life.
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this safety pledge form. For more information about our organization and members, please visit our website:
. NOTE: your information will be kept private and will not be sold to any third parties.
Street Address (If you would like to receive the Safe Rider decal pictured above in the mail)
Address Line 2
Indicates Response Required